top of page

What is "S.A.D.D." aka "Shelter Adjustment Displacement Disorder"?

NOTE: SADD isn't actually a clinical disorder, currently, but with your help it will be. Unless homelessness has a treatable clinical name attached, like PTSD, it will never get the government funding it deserves and more will suffer. Let's fix that!

SADD is a psychological, physiological or clinical disease that prevents a person from properly maintaining themselves or managing a home and/ or various sheltered options.

Although trauma may or may not play a factor, the person impacted by SADD may have trouble maintaining their hygiene or place of residence due to financial hardships, accident or tragedy. People known to suffer from SADD tend to be socially maladjusted, homeless or facing evictions. They may currently be unsheltered, reside in temporary shelters, on the streets or in an unsafe environment.

Treatment for SADD varies and can include: long­term housing care, maid and cleaning services, social services, financial planning, grief therapy, subsidized housing placement, and in some cases, medication.

1 in 6 homeless Americans suffer from SAD D every year. According to the study, which can be found on, 35% of the more than 500,000 homeless individuals are unsheltered. The other 65% find at least occasional shelter 1n the vehicles, abandoned buildings, and homeless shelters.


1) Exposure from long­term shelter displace­ment lasting 6 months or longer.

2) Loss of income due to health, natural disaster or economic hardships.

3) Must be receiving little to no psychiatric, drug or alcohol care.

4) Must be over 18 and a person receiving little to no services through elderly care institutions or battered and abused women agencies.

5) Victim of sex trafficking rings, non-US citizens, dishonored vets, may also qualify.

For more details, contact

(954) 245 - 7752, Iggy

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page